Celebrate that 25th birthday knowing you are on track
At the age of 25 you are still young enough not to have a care in the world, but old enough to know that you should. There are so many things that should be accomplished at the age of 25 so easing into the “dirty thirties” is a breeze. Here is a collection of things every woman should have by the time she has turned 25 years old. If you have at least 20 of these things then you are on the right track to an amazing future.
1. An intermixable, stylish wardrobe. Building a wardrobe takes time, but by 25, a woman should at least have the basics such as leggings, black pumps, the classic LBD and of course jeans that make a girl’s buns look yummy.
2. A personal color palette. We all have that one color (or a few) that we just can’t pull off because it either washes us out or just does nothing for our skin tone. Choose a color palette that makes you shine, makeup included.
3. Bank Account. This is beyond important.
4. Exercise Regimen. Whatever your niche is-Jogging, Pilates or Yoga; just make sure its fun and interesting for YOU.
5. At least 3 easy-to-fix-but-still-impressive recipes. Boiling water does not count. Learn your way around the kitchen…for yourself.
6. Shapewear. The Ultimate Secret Weapon, Spanx work miracles!
7. A reading list. Just because you’ve been out of college for a few years doesn’t mean you shouldn’t read. No gossip blogs do not count. Line up a few good books.
8. Common Sense. Start using that brain, those good looks won’t last forever.
9. Foodie Bucket List. Gather a list of restaurants you long to visit & some dishes you’ve been just bursting to try.
10. A regular bucket list. Hey, why not?
11. Passport. Even if you haven’t been anywhere yet, who says you’re not going anywhere in the future. Romantic weekend tryst in Rio? Passaporte!
12. A proper, grown-up email address. It’s time to ditch theDivaGrrl777. Keep it simple: Last Name, First Initial.
13. A skincare regimen. Every woman’s skin is different, find out what will keep your skin dewy & healthy. Remember the basics: Cleanser, Moisturizer & Sunscreen.
14. A basic tool kit & the ability to use it. There’s nothing like a woman who knows how to use a hammer. Sexy.
15. Financial & career goals. You must have a plan set out and the willpower to go through with it.
16. At least one best friend. We need at least one awesome friend to have great times with & get through the hard times with.
17. A good idea of how to be alone & how to enjoy alone time. Be a woman that enjoys her own company. If you don’t enjoy yourself, how can someone else?
18. One red lipstick that compliments your skin tone. Self-explanatory, try something from MAC or NARS you will not be disappointed.
19. Great bond with your parents. You don’t have to speak to them every day or be the best of friends, just have healthy relationships with them.
20. Comfort in your sexuality. Learn what you like in bed, know who you are sexually and don’t be afraid to show it.
21. At least one go-to purse-in black,brown or grey. Or all three, that’s even better.
22. A 5-minute makeup routine. Why spend 45 minutes putting makeup on every day? Every girl needs a quick and simple routine.
23. A credit card. Only in your name and not maxed out already. Spend responsibly, credit debt sucks.
24. A day planner. It’s just the responsible, grown-up thing to do. Plus, its much neater than those post-its all over your mirror.
25. Confidence. A confident woman is an unstoppable woman.
Note: Depending on a woman’s personal preferences, physical location & financial circumstances, she may or may not want a house or a vehicle. Every woman is different. In regards to a woman having a job, in order to have some of these things (bank account, clothing, makeup, spending money, etc.), of course she needs a job or at least a paid internship. That really doesn’t need to be put on this list. But if a 25-year old woman does not have a job but she has goals that she’s actually working towards, then that doesn’t make her any less fabulous, we don’t know her circumstances.
Good Luck Ladies!