Don Jazzy is at it again!
The wonderful Mavins crew out of Nigeria has given us a fun song to rock out to for ages. “Looku Looku” is a great jam describing all of the nay sayers and haters in our life that we just need to learn to shake off. The song says to have no cares about haters and jealousy and continue to strive. The jam of bosses! The fun video is set in a huge block party during the day and night and features many stylish outfits. The men are rocking casual street wear with stunning jewelry pieces while Di’ja and Tiwa rock urban contemporary pieces. The video is a great along with the positive message of the record. Enjoy!
Express your own style with a custom made skirt or dress
One thing about being a lover of African fashion is depending on what’s hot in RTW (ready to wear) it is very hard to find a clothing piece made of African fabric. We can not go to any store and easily pick up a gown made of Ankara or Kente cloth. So to a tailor and/or fashion designer we go, but this method can be very costly and sometimes the quality of the clothing isn’t what you expected. They say when you want something done right, you should do it yourself. Well Tribe Appeal has gathered some information from Fashioncadet.com and BritxBrat2Fashion to guide you into creating your own custom African fashion piece! Grab those materials and get to work!
1) A piece of fabric of your choice
2) Your choice of skirt for pattern
3) A zipper
4) Sewing pins
7)Sewing machine or thread & needle
- Place the fabric on a table or flat surface.
- Fold the fabric in half
- Place the skirt on top of the folded fabric to get the skirt pattern
- Mark the pattern using a piece of chalk or pencil
- Cut out the fabric according to the pattern and start sewing
- Pin the zipper to the back of the skirt (If you want the zipper to show, place it on the outside of the skirt)
Now if you would like to make a dress, you may apply the same technique used above and also watch the video below.
For my LIB girls dem! #LiberianGirlsRock
Rising Liberian artist G-Rize has brought us another hit along with smooth crooner Chris DeShield called “LIB Ladies”. The video not only brings light to Liberia’s amazing talent, but our great fashion. The two super stars rock outfits with a hint of African print, while the lovely models dazzle viewers with custom made ankara and kente print pieces. Everything is on point in this video from the fashion, to the vocals and locations. This is a great song to rock with your fellow LIB or African sisters period! We can’t wait to see more from both great artists!
Pantone has always been the solid force in shaping RTW and Couture line’s color choices within the fashion industry. the company’s color matching system is referenced throughout the whole year in order to create beautiful clothing that will appeal to the eye’s and heart’s of buyers. As tradition holds Pantone has released the color of the year: Marsala. This color is a sleek maroon shade that has a hint of bright burgundy mixed with it. Last year’s color “Radiant Orchid” was splashed all over the runways and streets of the fashion world.
Marsala will be the popular color in fashion wear, beauty, hair and home decor. If you call yourself a fashionista you must showcase this beautful hue in your own special way. Expect to be known as a fashion forward individual when striding in something Marsala toned this year. Here are some great ideas on how to rock this electric color and rock it with confidence whether it is on your face, in your home or on your body.
Some beautiful dresses
Tribe Appeal Welcomes 2015 With A Special Message
Today is January 20, 2015, It has been about 3 weeks since the new year rung in and about a month since the site was updated! Now before I go on I would like to share a beautiful saying that goes a little something like this…”When you fail to plan, you plan to FAIL!”.I DECLARE FAILURE IS NOT OUR PORTION FOR 2015 OR ANY OTHER YEAR! We here at Tribe Appeal know that this year is a year of progression and in order to solidify this concept we have planned. The past month was a solid month of planning, brainstorming, and gaining clarity for a better year. We suggest everyone does this, take some time out to evaluate your past (don’t dwell on it) , FOCUS on your present and PLAN for your future!
2015 is a wonderful and exciting year I feel it and I hope you feel it! Thank you all for continuing to visit the site and I wish you all the best this year!
Your New Year’s Plans Are On US
If you are currently contemplating how to celebrate New Year’s Eve, here are ten ways to crystallize the moment and pop into the New Year. From the wild to the tame, this list has something for everyone.
1) Nothing comes close to getting away for a couple of days. If you plan early enough, you can find great bargains at some marvelous locations, for partying or some rest. Go skiing for a couple of days, head to a tropical island, shack up in some cottage up north, or simply head out to a friend’s place with your significant other.
2) Imagine inviting family members from your side and his to one of your places for dinner, or to a restaurant. Surely not something to do in a brand new relationship, but definitely a great icebreaker for couples who wish to take their union to the next level.
3) Turn everything off, shun the parties and avoid the hassle of a trip by staying home for a quiet and romantic dinner; if you turn anything on, make it some mellow, classical music. The holidays are a good time to take it easy anyway, so sit back, relax and enjoy each other’s company.
4) Invite each of your close friends. Get together and blend the two circles to see whether they jive. Add some liquor, good music and delectable food to the mix and the chips will fall into place.
5) Nothing comes close to sitting in front of a fire with your girlfriend or wife, sipping on some wine and reflecting on the past year. Share your ups and downs, exchange resolutions with one another and try to help each other persevere in the year ahead.
6) This is a perennial favorite. Invite some friends along and go club-hopping or bring the club to you with a party bus rental! Just make sure that you are with your loved ones when the clock strikes midnight. Champagne anyone?
7) Invite friends, colleagues and family for some royal treatment at your place. Rent a masseuse,manicurist, chef &/or caterer. You can cook or make it a potluck, where guests bring along a dish or two. Open up your wine cellar to friends, stock up the bar, play games, watch movies and go wild.
8) Find out whether any masquerades, dances, ball drops or other such events are being planned in your area. Your friends or significant other will love the effort and the fact that you are taking them to another world for a night, where you’ll both be tempted to loosen up and lose your inhibitions.
9) Confirm or book a vacation for sometime in 2015. It will be great starting the new year knowing you have a wonderful trip to look forward to!
10) Do something adventurous. Find out what your friends or significant other has always wanted to do, and just do it. You live once, so you may as well live life to the fullest at the start of the year; you’ll feel like you’re on top of the world.
There you have it ! Pick any one of these ideas or multiple ones and enjoy your New Year’s Eve!
Im in love with my baby!
We all know Seyi Shay and Wizkid are powerhouses so it only makes sense to bring these two together on a track. In the video Seyi is quite the fashion maven in a number of different grey and dark monotone looks. We especially love that fish scale inspired outfit she rocks and the sleek bob. Wizkid also doesnt disappoint with his slick urban style. The video is hot and the fashion definitely takes the lead. Check it out!