The beauty of “locs” without the commitment!
Many naturalistas and hair gurus alike know it is so hard to maintain your hair in its natural state all of the time. That is where “protective styles” come in. These haistyles are meant to protect your natural hair from heat and chemical damage by covering it. There are so many women who love the beauty of “locs”, but dont have the patience to grow their hair out or commit to locking their hair for years and cutting it all off to try something new. Thats where faux “locs” come in, yes you can enjoy the beauty of “locs” without the commitment. This hairstyle has been a big trend since last year and now the Zendaya-Guiliana Rancic controversy has brought a great amount of attention to the gorgeous hairstyle. Take a look at the tutorial below to learn how to get these amazing locs or visit your nearest African braiding shop.
There you have it! A great hairstyle with a very easy process!
For my LIB girls dem! #LiberianGirlsRock
Rising Liberian artist G-Rize has brought us another hit along with smooth crooner Chris DeShield called “LIB Ladies”. The video not only brings light to Liberia’s amazing talent, but our great fashion. The two super stars rock outfits with a hint of African print, while the lovely models dazzle viewers with custom made ankara and kente print pieces. Everything is on point in this video from the fashion, to the vocals and locations. This is a great song to rock with your fellow LIB or African sisters period! We can’t wait to see more from both great artists!
Tribe Appeal Welcomes 2015 With A Special Message
Today is January 20, 2015, It has been about 3 weeks since the new year rung in and about a month since the site was updated! Now before I go on I would like to share a beautiful saying that goes a little something like this…”When you fail to plan, you plan to FAIL!”.I DECLARE FAILURE IS NOT OUR PORTION FOR 2015 OR ANY OTHER YEAR! We here at Tribe Appeal know that this year is a year of progression and in order to solidify this concept we have planned. The past month was a solid month of planning, brainstorming, and gaining clarity for a better year. We suggest everyone does this, take some time out to evaluate your past (don’t dwell on it) , FOCUS on your present and PLAN for your future!
2015 is a wonderful and exciting year I feel it and I hope you feel it! Thank you all for continuing to visit the site and I wish you all the best this year!
Your New Year’s Plans Are On US
If you are currently contemplating how to celebrate New Year’s Eve, here are ten ways to crystallize the moment and pop into the New Year. From the wild to the tame, this list has something for everyone.
1) Nothing comes close to getting away for a couple of days. If you plan early enough, you can find great bargains at some marvelous locations, for partying or some rest. Go skiing for a couple of days, head to a tropical island, shack up in some cottage up north, or simply head out to a friend’s place with your significant other.
2) Imagine inviting family members from your side and his to one of your places for dinner, or to a restaurant. Surely not something to do in a brand new relationship, but definitely a great icebreaker for couples who wish to take their union to the next level.
3) Turn everything off, shun the parties and avoid the hassle of a trip by staying home for a quiet and romantic dinner; if you turn anything on, make it some mellow, classical music. The holidays are a good time to take it easy anyway, so sit back, relax and enjoy each other’s company.
4) Invite each of your close friends. Get together and blend the two circles to see whether they jive. Add some liquor, good music and delectable food to the mix and the chips will fall into place.
5) Nothing comes close to sitting in front of a fire with your girlfriend or wife, sipping on some wine and reflecting on the past year. Share your ups and downs, exchange resolutions with one another and try to help each other persevere in the year ahead.
6) This is a perennial favorite. Invite some friends along and go club-hopping or bring the club to you with a party bus rental! Just make sure that you are with your loved ones when the clock strikes midnight. Champagne anyone?
7) Invite friends, colleagues and family for some royal treatment at your place. Rent a masseuse,manicurist, chef &/or caterer. You can cook or make it a potluck, where guests bring along a dish or two. Open up your wine cellar to friends, stock up the bar, play games, watch movies and go wild.
8) Find out whether any masquerades, dances, ball drops or other such events are being planned in your area. Your friends or significant other will love the effort and the fact that you are taking them to another world for a night, where you’ll both be tempted to loosen up and lose your inhibitions.
9) Confirm or book a vacation for sometime in 2015. It will be great starting the new year knowing you have a wonderful trip to look forward to!
10) Do something adventurous. Find out what your friends or significant other has always wanted to do, and just do it. You live once, so you may as well live life to the fullest at the start of the year; you’ll feel like you’re on top of the world.
There you have it ! Pick any one of these ideas or multiple ones and enjoy your New Year’s Eve!
Im in love with my baby!
We all know Seyi Shay and Wizkid are powerhouses so it only makes sense to bring these two together on a track. In the video Seyi is quite the fashion maven in a number of different grey and dark monotone looks. We especially love that fish scale inspired outfit she rocks and the sleek bob. Wizkid also doesnt disappoint with his slick urban style. The video is hot and the fashion definitely takes the lead. Check it out!
Pepper Turkey and Jollof getting a little boring?
My African sisters all know that when the Thanksgiving holiday comes around in African household Pepper Turkey and Jollof Rice are must haves on the dinner table. It does not matter what else is offered in the buffet, if those two items do not make an appearance the Thanksgiving meal is ruined, well in African’s eyes it is. Many of us who belong to the diaspora have friends and significant others that are not familiar with the food and would like other options at the Thanksgiving table. Well Tribe Appeal has compiled together the perfect Thanksgiving dinner menu for the woman who does not have time to slave in the kitchen the whole day. The options we have provided also give your fixed African table menu some variety.
4. Mac & Cheese
5.Stuffed Green Peppers
6. Green Beans
7. Potato Salad
8. Candy Yams
9. Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
10. Sparkling Thanksgiving Punch
There you have it, a full Thanksgiving menu put together for your from us and Divas Can Cook. To access full written recipes and ingredient lists visit the cooking site.
Pasuma and Tiwa Savage give us their beautiful duet “Ife” and really crisp visuals to acompany it. The love song is so catchy and easy to relate to that we had no choice but to dub it beat of the week. Tiwa the diva is rocking a Versace dress and also gives us a look into a very chic closet. Pasuma also shows us his great style with the multiple outfit changes that occur during the video.